Hub Grub Community Catering
Have we got a meal for you?
Hub Grub is a social enterprise fo the Mullumbimby and District Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
We aim to provide low cost food to fill the belly without fuss.
- Finger food that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg
- Honest to goodness soups, curries and casseroles
- Salads you don’t have have to construct yourself
- Just desserts that are simple and satisfying
Wherever possible they source food locally and ethically and can work with you to create a wonderful menu for your event. Talk to us about special dietary requirements.
Due to limited human resources they can only cater for up to one hundred people but are open to talking about your individual event.
So next time you are organising that function, party, meeting or luncheon, think of your community and support this wonderful initiative.
Talk to Mel about catering for your next event.
For more information:
For every catering gig we provide free of charge a platter or dish that is made on hundred percent with ingredients from the CONC Food Recovery Program.
Why do we do this?
- We showcase what is possible. The deliciousness that would otherwise be wasted in landfill. This is what we do with ingredients used for More Than A Meal. Improving the health of our most disadvantaged community members.
- We can’t charge for recovered food but we can promote the program and build support across the region to reduce waste and feed community.
- Create enough income to cover the costs of the weekly meal “More that a Meal” which is unfunded and feeds between forty and eighty people per day, providing a soft entry point to services and supports and reduces social isolation by connecting people to others in the community.
- Create traineeships and REAL employment in our community. One day we hope to be able to only use produce grown by community members in their own micro business.